From 1668 to 1831, Mosedale Friends formed part of Caldbeck Monthly Meeting. The meeting was in the care of Carlisle Monthly Meeting from 1831 to 1864 since when it has been within Carlisle and Holm Monthly Meeting, and its successors North Cumbria Area Meeting, and now Cumberland Area Meeting.
The meeting house was created in 1702 by extending an older building. Today the building presents a plain wall to the road except for the doorway, whose lintel has the date 1702. In its early years the meeting house was in the ownership of a local farming family and it was only transferred to Quaker trustees in 1739.
Internally the building has ancient timber seating and wall panelling and is distinguished by two pink sandstone columns. These support the northern ends of the two roof trusses and indicate the width of the original building prior to 1702. On the south wall are three mullioned windows once protected by shutters operated by chains passing through holes in the upper parts of the mullions.
There is a detached burial ground enclosed by low stone walls adjacent to the car park.
The meeting was discontinued in 1865 and re-opened for a few years until 1913. It was used from about 1936 to 1970 as a chapel of ease for the Church of England. It was then restored by Friends and opened for Quaker Meetings for Worship in 1973.
During the summer months the meeting house is also open as a coffee shop.